ANCC Certification Mobile App
The American Nurses Association (ANA) defines certification as “a means of measuring competency, and the identification of competent nurses that will promote the public welfare for quality in health care.” The ANA’s credentialing arm, the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), is the largest nurse credentialing organization in the United States. More than a quarter-million nurses have been certified by the ANCC since 1991.
The ANCC’s Certification Program validates nurses’ skills, knowledge and abilities, and is recognized and accepted by all state boards of nursing and by the U.S. military.
Quite simply, becoming certified and/or maintaining certification is a smart choice. Obtaining ANCC board certification empowers nurses to further their education and careers, and most importantly contributes to better patient outcomes.
- Applying for a new certification or renewing an existing certification can be a time consuming process.
- Nurses are almost constantly on the move during the workday, and frequently work long hours as well as take classes to enhance their knowledge.
- Rarely is there time for a nurse to sit in front of a computer with full internet access during the work day to log in to ANCC’s website, and to go through the certification/re-certification process.
- ShuffleLabs developed a mobile app that allows nurses to log in anywhere, anytime – all that is needed is a mobile device with a basic provider connection.
- The app effectively streamlines the entire certification/re-certification process for over 30 types of nursing certifications.
- The app contains all of the functionality available on the ANCC website.
- In addition to the streamlined certification and re-certification processes, the app enables the following:
- Maintenance of professional development
- Opt in and opt out of mailing lists
- Maintenance of employment records
- Maintenance of licensing information
- Update to demographic information
- United States Coast Guard mobile Incident Management Handbook (mIMH) Case Study - The Coast Guard is the principal Federal agency responsible for maritime safety, security, and environmental stewardship in U.S. ports and waterways. As one of the five Armed Services of the United States, the Coast Guard
- M2M And Security In An Insecure World Insights - Symantec is aggressively positioning themselves for the changing dynamics of security, and it brings to mind some important realizations regarding today’s vulnerabilities.
- ShuffleLabs Awarded Mobile App Project For DHS / US Coast Guard News - ShuffleLabs has been selected to develop a mobile app for the U.S. Coast Guard’s Incident Management Handbook (IMH), under prime contractor Applied Computing Technologies (ACT) on the EAGLE II contract vehicle.