ANCC Certification Mobile App
The American Nurses Association (ANA) defines certification as “a means of measuring competency, and the identification of competent nurses that will promote the public welfare for quality in health care.” The ANA’s credentialing arm, the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), is the largest nurse credentialing organization in the United States. More than a quarter-million nurses have been certified by the ANCC since 1991.
The ANCC’s Certification Program validates nurses’ skills, knowledge and abilities, and is recognized and accepted by all state boards of nursing and by the U.S. military.
Quite simply, becoming certified and/or maintaining certification is a smart choice. Obtaining ANCC board certification empowers nurses to further their education and careers, and most importantly contributes to better patient outcomes.
- Applying for a new certification or renewing an existing certification can be a time consuming process.
- Nurses are almost constantly on the move during the workday, and frequently work long hours as well as take classes to enhance their knowledge.
- Rarely is there time for a nurse to sit in front of a computer with full internet access during the work day to log in to ANCC’s website, and to go through the certification/re-certification process.
- ShuffleLabs developed a mobile app that allows nurses to log in anywhere, anytime – all that is needed is a mobile device with a basic provider connection.
- The app effectively streamlines the entire certification/re-certification process for over 30 types of nursing certifications.
- The app contains all of the functionality available on the ANCC website.
- In addition to the streamlined certification and re-certification processes, the app enables the following:
- Maintenance of professional development
- Opt in and opt out of mailing lists
- Maintenance of employment records
- Maintenance of licensing information
- Update to demographic information
- PowerApps Insights- With the advent of Software as a Service (SaaS) applications, people are able to choose convenience and instant availability, along with the instant gratification in using out-of-the-box capabilities
- ATD Trainer’s Toolkit Case Study- The ATD Trainer’s Toolkit is a one-of-a-kind collection of innovative classroom and virtual teaching activities. Elaine Biech, the great facilitator, composed and edited, and each section of the activities were created
- Moving To Office 365 Insights- There are a number of advantages in moving elements of your premise-based Microsoft Office suite of tools and enablements to the Cloud. Beyond matters of streamlined administration and the elimination