United States Coast Guard mobile Incident Management Handbook (mIMH)
The Coast Guard is the principal Federal agency responsible for maritime safety, security, and environmental stewardship in U.S. ports and waterways. As one of the five Armed Services of the United States, the Coast Guard is the only military branch within the Department of Homeland Security. In addition to its role as an Armed Service, the Coast Guard is a first responder and humanitarian service that provides aid to people in distress or impacted by natural and man-made disasters whether at sea or ashore.
In support of this mission the Coast Guard uses a detailed 382-page Incident Management Handbook (IMH). The IMH is designed to assist Coast Guard personnel in the use of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) Incident Command System (ICS) during response operations and planned events. The IMH is an easy reference job aid for responders.
In order to make more efficient use of the NIMS, the Coast Guard needed a completely interactive and 100% secure mobile version of the IMH (mIMH) that can be installed on both Android and iOS mobile devices.
ShuffleLabs developed a completely interactive and secure app for the that meet provides a portable, handheld, comprehensive repository of functionalities, services, and reference content to mobile users in a variety of environments and circumstances. The app is an interactive way of accessing, utilizing, and leveraging to maximum extent all of the contents of the present hardcopy handbook. At the same time, the app eliminates many of the present handbook’s limitations, thereby overcoming:
- Lack of random access
- Inability to readily search content
- Inability to transpose content
- Inability to capture updates (due to the static nature of hardcopy text, graphics, etc.)
- Inability to capture advantages via dynamic content (search, select, copy, etc.)
- Inability to email and communicate electronically
The mIMH represents modernization in the forms of speed, agility, and scope in the use of critical resources by a population of users (i.e., responders) who will leverage these advantages to tremendous benefit for their mission.
- BIG DATA – Are You Leveraging Data To Modern Standards? Insights- Big Data is becoming well-established at big organizations. But it is coming rapidly to other orgs as well: small-to-medium business (SMB), non-profits of modest size, and to larger-scale endeavors
- ACTEC Wealth Advisor App Case Study- The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) is a national organization of approximately 2,600 lawyers and legal professors elected to membership by demonstrating the highest level of integrity , commitment
- Demand For Mobile Apps To Outweigh Organizations’ Capacity To Develop Them By Five-To-One Says Gartner Insights- Mobile phone sales are projected to hit 2.1 billion units by 2019 according to Gartner forecasts. The ubiquitous nature of mobile is leading more and more business users to expect and demand enterprise mobile apps